VWAP – Volume weighted average price is now available in our scans across all timeframes, here’s a example using the stock attribute: https://chartink.com/screener/close-above-vwap across all timeframes
Alerts is available as a premium service on chartink.com . They notify you via SMS/Email when any stocks filter thru the screeners that you specify. In this guide we’ll go thru the basic steps required to create & manager alerts
Creating & CONFIGURE alert
Open any screener for which you’d like to create a alert for and click on the “Create Alert” button.
A new dialog box would open wherein you can customize(see image below) the below options:
- How often to run this alert?
– You can configure to run alerts every 5/10/15/20/30/60/120/240 minutes & on daily, weekly or monthly basis. Alerts can also be configured to run after market close & open. Read our FAQ on more details on when alerts are run.
- How to notify you for this alert(email, sms)?
– Alert notifications can be sent over Email or SMS or both. We provide you with 2000 credits(1000 sms & 1000 email) for alert notifications. Creating alerts for screeners that filter many stocks throughout the day may fill your email/sms inbox and exhaust your credits. We recommend you track the notifications for the alerts you have configured for optimal usage of notification credits.
- When to alert you?
– You may want to be alerted when the count of stocks that meet the screener is greater than 0 or 1 or 2…
- Action after the alert.
– You could continue the alert after the trigger is met or pause it.
All alerts created can viewed on the Alerts Dashboard.
Triggers indicate when alerts for screeners were triggered & new stocks were filtered in your scan. Alert triggers indicate when notifications were sent via your email or sms. Clicking any of the alerts on the Alerts Dashboard would take you to the alert triggers page.
New stocks filtered for a given alert in a day are highlighted and notifications are sent ONLY when a alert finds stocks that were not alerted in its previous run.
Frequently asked questions
Feel free to reach us at email@example.com for any doubts.
how to create alerts?
We’ve created a step-by-step guide on how to create alerts across any screener.
How many stocks are scanned for alerts?
We default to running scans for all NSE stocks, unless you change a scan to run for a watchlist, nifty 50, nifty 100. The number of stocks scanned for are dependent on the scan definition.
When are intraday, daily, weekly and monthly alerts run?
- Intraday – A alert for 5 minute starts running at 9:20am considering the latest data as of 9:19:59am, next run would be at 9:25am. A 15 minute alerts starts running at 9:30am(data as of 9:29:59am), next run wold be at 9:45am and so on..
- Market open – Runs at 9:20am considering the latest data as of 9:19:59am.
- Market close – Runs between 6pm-7pm daily
- Weekly – Runs every Friday between 6pm-7pm
- Monthly – Runs on the last day of the month between 6pm-7pm
Whether THE alerts ARE live[ real time ]?
Yes, our scans runs on the latest live data available, eg: If you have configured to run a scan every 5 minutes, the first scan would be at 9:20am, which will be based on the data as of 9:19:59am. As we process dozens of scans for every user throughout the day, there could be a delay upto 1 minute while you are notified.
How frequently would I be notified for alerts?
We send our alert notifications based on alert configuration. If you’ve set a alert to run every hour, it shall run at 9:20am, 10:20am, 11:20am.. We send you notifications ONLY when we find new stocks the scans to avoid spamming your sms/mail box.
how many alerts i shall receive?
We provide a total of 2,000 sms & email credits in a month, which are used while sending alerts. These allows you to receive more than 90+ alerts per day. Notifications credits(sms & email) will be used at a alert level and independent on the number of stocks filtered in a scan. If a alert notifies you about 50 stocks, it will use a single notification credit.
What happens when your NOTIFICATION credits finish?
You can purchase additional SMS or Email credits. Visit your subscription dashboard to do so.
HOW DO WE SEE ALl THE ALERTS CONFIGURED?
Do you provide the scanners or subscriber has to can use his own scanners.
You can add alerts on any of the 1,50,000+ screeners‘ available on the site or create your own.
IS THERE FREE Trial AVAILABLE?
Scans can now be created using a mix of Fundamental & Technical indicators. Fundamental parameters in scan can be validated against our fundamental page.
Example fundamental scans can be found here. We have the following list of fundamental indicators as of now:
Results for Consolidated figures in Rs. Cr.
- Face Value
- Book Value
- Yearly PE Ratio
- Yearly PC Ratio
- Sales Turnover[yearly]
- Net Profit[yearly]
- Net Profit Variance[yr]
- Net Profit[quarter]
- Net Profit Variance[qr]
- Earning Per Share[EPS]
- Prev Year EPS
- Cash Per Share[yr]
- Cash Per Share[qr]
- Cash per share[mt]
- Net Sales[quarter]
- Price to Book Value
- BSE Value in lakhs
- NSE Value in lakhs
- Market Cap
- Operating profit margin[yr]
- Operating profit margin[qr]
- Gross profit margin
- Gross Block
- Total Loans
- Advance Given By Bank
- Net non performing assets
- TTM – Trailing 12 months Sales
- TTM – Trailing 12 months Operating Profit
- TTM – Trailing 12 months Operating Profit margin
- TTM – Trailing 12 months Gross profit
- TTM – Trailing 12 months Gross profit margin
- TTM – Trailing 12 months Net profit
- TTM – Trailing 12 months Net profit Variance
- TTM – Trailing 12 months EPS
- TTM – Trailing 12 months PE
- TTM – Trailing 12 months CPS
- TTM – Trailing 12 months Depreciation
Fundamental parameters can be added on create scan page after clicking the filter icon
Contact us for your feedback
Example: If Market opens at 9:15am, on a 5 minute interval the updates can be described as follows:
- 9:20am – Data from 9:15am – 9:19am
- 9:25am – Data from 9:20am – 9:24am
- 9:30am – Data from 9:25am – 9:29am
The minimum data delay would be 0 minutes(eg: at 9:20am) and the maximum would be 5 minutes(eg: at 9:24am)
WaveTrend indicator is now available in our Charts & Screener. It can be added for Intraday, daily, weekly & monthly ranges and accepts 3 parameters as below:
- Calculation period: number of candles used to calculate WaveTrend, defaults to 10
- Averaging period: number of candles used to average WaveTrend, defaults to 21
- Momentum Length: number of candles used to calculate WaveTrend momentum, defaults to 4
Refer the below images on how to add them to your studies.
Supertrend indicator is now available in our Charts & Screener. It can be added for daily, weekly & monthly ranges and accepts 2 parameters as below:
- Period – Period used for ATR calculation, default: 7
- Multiplier – Co-efficient used in calculation, default: 3
Refer the below images on how to add them to your studies.
Screeners for Supertrend
Hoping this additional further helps you to filter & find breakout stocks.
List of frequently asked questions from our visitors.
How to scan NSE Future stocks?
We have added a segement filter that can be modified in the top-most filter, refer the below image:
How to Search Screeners?
You can view our screeners homepage to search & view scans created by other users.
How to run scan for stocks in Watchlist
After you’ve logged in and added stocks in your watchlist, you can change the segement to “Watchlist” which would then run the scan for stocks listed in your watchlist.
How to perform Weekly/Monthly scans?
After a indicator has been added, click on the “Latest” prefix right before it and change it to any of the “Weekly” range group, eg: “Weekly”, “1 week ago” and so on… The same applies for Monthly filters
How to run Intraday scans?
After you have added a indicator, you can click on the “latest” prefix on the left hand side and change it the Intraday timeframe you want. Eg:
How to have Realtime scans during market hours?
While the markets are open, the “Latest” refers to the current days’ candle. The current price is also reflected for “Intraday”, “Weekly” & “Monthly” ranges which are updated during market hours in near realtime.
Bracketing & Operator precedence
Operators(+,-,*,/) are evaluated from left to right. If you need to specific the precedence you can use Brackets and group expressions as follows:
How to scan for ranges – eg: RSI(14) less than 30 for the past 10 days
You can use the min/max functions to specify ranges, here’s a example for “William%r in the range of -20 to -50(i.e. <=-20 and >=-50) from 5 days”: http://chartink.com/screener/williams-r-range-of-20-to-50-for-the-past-5-days
You can also combine 3 days OR 5 days in a single scan using sub-filters which help you specify and/or conditions, here’s another example: http://chartink.com/screener/williams-r-range-of-20-to-50-for-the-past-5-days-or-for-the-past-3-days
Starting 2017, Chartink.com launched custom technical stock screener for NSE/Indian Stock markets. Our screener lets you fully customize & build custom stock scans. So, if you are looking for any technical breakouts or automate your buy/sell signals our scanner can help. Start using it today for free.