We have recently released major scanner updates, the post summarizes their usage & benefits:
- Drag and Drop filters across groups or re-arrange them across the scan
- Duplicate group or a single filter
- Copy the filter to clipboard
- Count & Countstreak functions
- Least & Greatest functions
- Drag and Drop filters across groups or re-arrange them across the scan -> Allows to you drag and drop across different groups to make re-oraganinzing a scanner, press left mouse button and drag/move your while the button is pressed to move the filters, sample video below,
- Duplicate group or a single filter -> Duplicate a filter or a group by clicking on the copy icon as seen below
- Copy the filter to clipboard -> Copy filter text to clipboard by clicking on the “word” icon, as seen below
- Count & Countstreak functions -> Helps you to count the total number of times a given filter in the past candles
Count eg: ->Filter “Latest count( 50, 1 where latest close > latest upper bollinger band ( 20 , 2 ) ) greater than equal to 2” will return all stocks that have closed above the upper bollinger band for 2 or more days in the past 50 days
Countstreak eg: -> Filter “Latest countstreak( 20, 1 where latest close > latest sma ( latest close , 200 ) )greater than equal to 10” will return all stocks that have continesouly(in a streak) closed above its 200 SMA for the past 10 or more candles(daily timeframe)
- Least & Greatest functions -> Helps to get the greatest or the least of a given set of filters
eg: greatest( Latest Open, Latest Close ) will return the greatest value from either the open or the close
We hope these additional features will further simply your scanner creation. If you do have any queries please feel free to leave a comment here or reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The following indicators are added as per user request
- HMA (Hull moving average)
- VWMA (Volume-weighted moving average)
- Tema(Triple EMA)
- CMF(Chakin Money flow)
- AccDist(Accumulation & Distribution)
- Sum(total for the given period)
- Cmf(Chakin money flow)
- 25 minutes
- 45 minutes
- 3 hours
Example dashboard: https://chartink.com/dashboard/5832
The above features are avaliable for our Screeners and Atlas widgets.
We’ve added the ability to access any candle of the latest trading day or previous days for Intraday timeframes. Useful for scans that require to access indicator values at a given point in time.
Example offset’s to access different candles for a trading day (5 minute chart)
-  5 minute close -> refers to the latest 5 minute candle
- [=1] 5 minute close -> refers to the days’ first 5 minute candle
- [=3] 5 minute close -> refers to the days’ third 5 minute candle
- [=-1] 5 minute close -> refers to the previous day’s last 5 minute candle
- [=-75] 5 minute close -> refers to the previous day’s first 5 minute candle, considering a single day has 75, 5 minute candles
If you want to access the first candle on a 5 minute timeframe(9:15-9:19:59am), you can select your required indicator/stock attribute and then change the offset to `=1` as indicated below:
Days candles also support crossover/below operations. For example, to identify a crossover at the opening candle, we can do “ 5 minute Close Crossed above [=1] 5 minute SuperTrend(7,3)”
Scans can now be created using a mix of Fundamental & Technical indicators. Fundamental parameters in scan can be validated against our fundamental page.
Example fundamental scans can be found here. We have the following list of fundamental indicators as of now:
Results for Consolidated figures in Rs. Cr.
- Face Value
- Book Value
- Yearly PE Ratio
- Yearly PC Ratio
- Sales Turnover[yearly]
- Net Profit[yearly]
- Net Profit Variance[yr]
- Net Profit[quarter]
- Net Profit Variance[qr]
- Earning Per Share[EPS]
- Prev Year EPS
- Cash Per Share[yr]
- Cash Per Share[qr]
- Cash per share[mt]
- Net Sales[quarter]
- Price to Book Value
- BSE Value in lakhs
- NSE Value in lakhs
- Market Cap
- Operating profit margin[yr]
- Operating profit margin[qr]
- Gross profit margin
- Gross Block
- Total Loans
- Advance Given By Bank
- Net non performing assets
- TTM – Trailing 12 months Sales
- TTM – Trailing 12 months Operating Profit
- TTM – Trailing 12 months Operating Profit margin
- TTM – Trailing 12 months Gross profit
- TTM – Trailing 12 months Gross profit margin
- TTM – Trailing 12 months Net profit
- TTM – Trailing 12 months Net profit Variance
- TTM – Trailing 12 months EPS
- TTM – Trailing 12 months PE
- TTM – Trailing 12 months CPS
- TTM – Trailing 12 months Depreciation
Fundamental parameters can be added on create scan page after clicking the filter icon
We now offer near real-time NSE updates for Charts & Scans. The data is updated every 5 minutes, the latest update referring current market values. Data is directly fetched from the NSE servers.
Example: If Market opens at 9:15am, on a 5 minute interval the updates can be described as follows:
- 9:20am – Data from 9:15am – 9:19am
- 9:25am – Data from 9:20am – 9:24am
- 9:30am – Data from 9:25am – 9:29am
The minimum data delay would be 0 minutes(eg: at 9:20am) and the maximum would be 5 minutes(eg: at 9:24am)
Supertrend indicator is now available in our Charts & Screener. It can be added for daily, weekly & monthly ranges and accepts 2 parameters as below:
- Period – Period used for ATR calculation, default: 7
- Multiplier – Co-efficient used in calculation, default: 3
Refer the below images on how to add them to your studies.
Screeners for Supertrend
Hoping this additional further helps you to filter & find breakout stocks.
List of frequently asked questions from our visitors.
How to scan NSE Future stocks?
We have added a segement filter that can be modified in the top-most filter, refer the below image:
How to Search Screeners?
You can view our screeners homepage to search & view scans created by other users.
How to run scan for stocks in Watchlist
After you’ve logged in and added stocks in your watchlist, you can change the segement to “Watchlist” which would then run the scan for stocks listed in your watchlist.
How to perform Weekly/Monthly scans?
After a indicator has been added, click on the “Latest” prefix right before it and change it to any of the “Weekly” range group, eg: “Weekly”, “1 week ago” and so on… The same applies for Monthly filters
How to run Intraday scans?
After you have added a indicator, you can click on the “latest” prefix on the left hand side and change it the Intraday timeframe you want. Eg:
How to have Realtime scans during market hours?
While the markets are open, the “Latest” refers to the current days’ candle. The current price is also reflected for “Intraday”, “Weekly” & “Monthly” ranges which are updated during market hours in near realtime.
Bracketing & Operator precedence
Operators(+,-,*,/) are evaluated from left to right. If you need to specific the precedence you can use Brackets and group expressions as follows:
How to scan for ranges – eg: RSI(14) less than 30 for the past 10 days
You can use the min/max functions to specify ranges, here’s a example for “William%r in the range of -20 to -50(i.e. <=-20 and >=-50) from 5 days”: http://chartink.com/screener/williams-r-range-of-20-to-50-for-the-past-5-days
You can also combine 3 days OR 5 days in a single scan using sub-filters which help you specify and/or conditions, here’s another example: http://chartink.com/screener/williams-r-range-of-20-to-50-for-the-past-5-days-or-for-the-past-3-days
Starting 2017, Chartink.com launched custom technical stock screener for NSE/Indian Stock markets. Our screener lets you fully customize & build custom stock scans. So, if you are looking for any technical breakouts or automate your buy/sell signals our scanner can help. Start using it today for free.